Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Practicing JOY

This morning was a gooood day to stay under the covers and sleep late.  It was rainy and cold outside.  Any one who had half the chance,  would be tempted to just stay inside and lounge around in their jammies all day.  BUT...

I had planned an early morning Bible study with friends as well as several errands that needed to be run in preparation for our upcoming "EnJOY the Journey" conference.  Soooo, I didn't give in to "the flesh", but decided to follow Cheri Keaggy's advice in one of her songs when she sings about "practicing JOY"!    I tried to JOYfully roll out of bed, thanking the Lord that I was ABLE!  As I dressed, I thanked the Lord again for a warm house and plenty of clothes to keep me warm when I went outside.  I was thankful for food that nourished my body for the start of the day; and grateful for a dependable car that would take me safely to my destination and back.

Oh, how JOYful I was that I pushed on and spent time with Godly ladies who transparently shared what God is teaching them!  Oh, how JOYful to see special friends while running my errands!  Oh, how JOYfully blessed I was when God opened my eyes to a "divine appointment" in which He allowed me to share His love and JOY with two strangers.....maybe more about that later.

The point I'm trying to make today is that many times we simply need to slow down and PRACTICE JOY!  We are all soooo busy, with soooooo much on our agenda and sooooooo many places to go that we often miss God!  So today, tomorrow and all the days to come, please: STOP, LOOK, and LISTEN to His still small voice.  He's whispering: "PRACTICE JOY in all circumstances!"

No comments:

Post a Comment