Total Pageviews

Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday's JOY

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!   I can remember when I was working all those years how PRECIOUS Fridays were!  EVERYBODY looked forward to Friday!  "TGIF"  was a common expression around the workplace.  Can you identify?

Friday doesn't carry quite the same meaning as it did while I was punching a time clock for so many years!  But I still look forward to Friday.  It ushers in the weekend; and most of our weekends consist of FAMILY.  This weekend we get to celebrate our youngest grandson's 1st birthday!  Oh, what fun!  That means we get to be with our whole family, because birthdays are a "big deal" with the Ashley clan.

As much fun as we have at birthday parties, there's another "birth" day that I look forward to even more!  My prayer is that each of our grandchildren will grow up to be a Believer!  When they come to that age of accountability, may each of them give their heart and life to Christ!  That's my deepest heart's desire (and prayer).  When they do this, they will have a "spiritual birthday"!

Do you have a "spiritual birthday"?  Some people can remember the exact day, time and place!  And that's wonderful!  Others of us know approximately when God spoke to our hearts and called us to be HIS.  I don't think it's that important to know the specific time, but I DO think it's imperative that we KNOW we have been birthed into His Kingdom. Are you bearing "fruit"?  When people look at you, do they see Jesus?

If you're not certain that you have a "spiritual birthday", take care of that TODAY!  Let this day be your special FRIDAY of JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment