Total Pageviews

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Prisoner of JOY

Once a week, I volunteer at one of our local hospitals as "chaplain".  I have the privilege of going room to room, meeting new people....sometimes finding old friends....and praying with them.  Let me tell you....I am the one who is ALWAYS blessed!

Today I knocked on the door of one of the patients' rooms and found two armed prison guards sitting with the patient.  Now, a couple of years ago, this would have "unnerved" me, but I have had this experience several times in my volunteering at the hospital.  God gives me a boldness and a special love for these people.  He has shown me over and over that they are JUST LIKE WE ARE.  Each of us has the potential for being a prisoner of some kind!  

As I asked this brother today if he'd like for me to pray for him, he quickly said, "Oh, yes!  Would you please pray for my family?"   This man, in prison clothes, was facing surgery, but his first prayer request was for his family!  That shows something about his heart, don't you think?

What are YOU are prisoner to?  A prisoner to the past?  A prisoner to fear? A prisoner to worry?  May we remember that our GOD is a forgiving GOD and is our DELIVERER!  If you feel in bondage to anything today, pray a sincere prayer---asking The Judge to pardon you and deliver you.   He is willing and ABLE to loose the chains and set you FREE!  When that happens.......you'll no longer be a prisoner......unless, of course, you choose to be a Prisoner of JOY-----------and that's not a bad thing!!!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment