Total Pageviews

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Your Joy List



Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Instead of listing all the things we have to do today, let’s list each joy that comes our way.    

            Are you a list maker?  I will admit that I am! I make lists for everything….grocery lists, things to do today lists, gift ideas for each grandjoy, lists of lists! (Come to think of it)  It may not be such a bad idea to keep a list of our activities for a few days. Then, look over the list to determine which things are “must dos” and those things that could be postponed or cut out,  all together! That would certainly help us to prioritize!

            May I ask you a personal question?  Without a written list, can you sense that your priorities are out of order?  If GOD is not first, then we will be running through our days without purpose.  But if we allow God to be our Shepherd, then we experience a “spiritual peace and rest” that can come only from knowing Him and being in His will.

            The words of the 23rd Psalm are familiar.  “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures.  He leadeth me beside the still waters.  He restoreth my soul.”

            What a vision of peace and rest…to lie down in green pastures and to stroll beside the quiet, still waters!  Let’s take a few minutes out of our busy day to rest in the Lord, rather than immediately hopping onto the treadmill of life.

           Take the time to “lie down in those green pastures” and experience God’s rest and JOY.


No comments:

Post a Comment