Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Listen More; 'Hear' More Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Sometimes drinking in the joy of the Lord is about listening intently.

            Have you ever tried to carry on a conversation with someone and you can’t get a word in edge-wise?  They are intent on hearing themselves talk and truly don’t care what you have to say.  You may try to interject your opinion and comment about a subject, yet you’re interrupted by this person time and time again.  Do you feel valued in this type of encounter?  I don’t think any of us would stay around long if the person continued to do all the talking and never listened to what we had to say.

            How often do we do that with God?  Are we continually blasting heaven with our requests, our complaints and our suggestions about how He should handle certain situations?  We may miss what He is trying to tell us, if we don’t take the time to be quiet, be still and truly LISTEN for His voice. 

            Susie Larson shares: “The more I read God’s Word and the more I seek His face, the more familiar I am with His voice.  Furthermore, the more clearly I hear Him and recognize His direction in my life, the more I dare ask Him to accomplish things only He can accomplish, and the less I tend to rely on the limited view of my own perspective during that time in between.”

               1 Thessalonians 5:16-17 tells us to:  Rejoice always, pray without ceasing…”  May we be reminded that praying includes lots of listening!  

          As we pray, let’s listen more than we talk, so that we may hear His words of wisdom and joy.


No comments:

Post a Comment