Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Face Tomorrow with JOY!



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Pack an extra serving in your backpack, your pocketbook or your man purse! You may need it today!

            One thing’s for sure….when we wake up each morning, we never know what life might bring!  We may receive good news….maybe a new baby is on the way or someone got engaged….or a loved one gets a great doctor’s report!!  On the other hand, we may have the wind knocked out of us by devastating news such as a tragic accident or terminal diagnosis; it could be loss of a job or a broken relationship.

            Though we can’t see into the future, we know the One Who holds our future.  This reminds me of the beautiful old hymn Because He Lives!  I can almost hear my beloved daddy bellowing out the words as he sang from the depths of his heart and soul….words that he believed with his entire being and taught his family by example.  The chorus expresses why we can have JOY:

Because He lives, I can face tomorrow.
Because He lives, All fear is gone!
Because I know He holds the future
And life is worth the living just because He lives!

     A few years ago, I tweaked the words of this song and put my own twist to the beautiful chorus:

     Because He lives, I can have JOY regardless,
     Because He loves, my JOY is complete!
     Because He longs for a relationship with me
     Life is abundantly joyful and, oh, so wonderfully sweet!

We can face today and tomorrow with joy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment