Total Pageviews

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Patience, Grace and Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Do you always have patience with others or will you admit to sometimes losing your cool?!

            As a young mother, I will admit I was not always patient with my children. One day I was trying to study to teach a S.S. lesson while my young children were playing in the next room.   I had hardly begun to study when the first interruption came, and then the next and the next…..Exasperated, I raised my voice and said, “Go play and let me study!  If you interrupt me again, you’re going to be in big trouble!”  They dropped their little heads and started out of the room.  But before they were completely out of sight, one turned and innocently asked, “What’s your S.S. lesson about, Mommy?”   “It’s about PATIENCE!!!  Now, go play!”

            As soon as the words were out of my mouth, I realized that God had gotten my attention!   Was I demonstrating the patience and grace to my children…that I was going to teach others about on Sunday?  I thought about all the times that God had been patient with ME…..and here I was… not willing to do the same for my very own children who were gifts from God.

            It was at that point that I closed my study materials until after my children were asleep that night; and I joined them for some “mommy time”!  Psalm 127: 3 says: “Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward (a gift) from him.”

Parents, let’s remember that spending quality time with our children speaks volumes AND it brings JOY to the Lord.

           

No comments:

Post a Comment