Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Where God Guides, He Provides His Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Let’s not make any excuses…Drink in the joy every chance you get.

            Do you ever try to argue with God when He “tells” you to do something?  Maybe He has laid someone on your heart to help in some way and you think, “I’m not the person for that. She doesn’t know me well enough…or he knows me too well!  I don’t have the resources or the skills or the know-how.”  Excuses!

            Moses did the same thing.  In Exodus 3, he got his assignment to lead the Israelites out of slavery.  He was CERTAIN that God was making a mistake by choosing him for this task.  His excuses came out as:   

  1. Who am I? He had a crisis of identity (v 11)
  2. What is his name?  …a crisis of authority (v 13)
  3. They will not believe me…..a crisis of faith (4:1)
  4. I am not eloquent …a crisis of ability (4:10)
  5. Send WHOMEVER else…..a crisis of obedience (4:13)  

Do you ever use those same kinds of excuses?  “God, who am I that you would choose me for that task?  Is it really You, God?  If I did try to fulfill this leading, who is going to listen to me? I’m not a good at things like this! I don’t have the talent that many others do.  God, please give this job to someone else…ANYBODY but me!"

As the saying goes, “Where God guides, He provides!” and that includes  plenty of Joy Juice to keep us refreshed and ready! No more excuses!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment