Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 23, 2015

"He Rescued Me Because He Delighted in Me"



           Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Even in the tough places, the joy of the Lord is as nourishing as ever.

             Throughout the Bible we are told to delight in the Lord.  And we see time and time again where He delights in His children. That should give us hope, regardless of whether we are in a deep valley or high on a mountain top.

            In Psalm 18 David pours out his heart in song for the divine ears of God.  These words give hope and encouragement to those of us who read them today.  David was praising God for delivering him from the hands of all his enemies and from the hand of Saul. He said:

vv. 1-3 “I love you, O LORD, my strength. The LORD is my rock, my fortress and my deliverer; my God is my rock, in whom I take refuge.  He is my shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I call to the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and I am saved from my enemies.”
v. 19 “He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.”

            There is that word “delighted” again. David experienced God’s love and joy….during the struggles; and he praised God for that love and joy on the other side of “trouble mountain.” Knowing that God “delighted in him” gave him the strength and perseverance he needed.

            No matter what side of “trouble mountain” you are on, always trust in the deliverance of a Heavenly Father who loves you and delights in you.





No comments:

Post a Comment