Total Pageviews

Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sing to the Lord and Be Full of His JOY!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  I hope so, because it shows in your daily life.

            Psalm 104:33-34 tells us what we should strive to do…..daily! 
“I will sing to the LORD all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live.
May my meditation be pleasing to him, as I rejoice in the LORD.”

            The Psalms are filled with references to “singing praises”. But no place do I find where it says that we have to have a beautiful singing voice.  It’s not HOW we sound….it’s the attitude of our heart! 

            What God desires is our worship. And by worship I mean, humbling ourselves before him…regardless of where we are.  We can be at church and still not worship… if we don’t come before God with the right spirit and humble heart.

          The meaning of the Greek word “worship” (proskuneo) is “to fall down before” or “bow down before.” Worship is an attitude of spirit. Since it’s an internal, individual action, it should be done all the time in our lives, regardless of place or situation. When Christians formally gather together in worship, still the emphasis should be on individually worshiping the Lord with an humble, joyful heart.        (gotquestions.org)
 
            May we each remember to worship the Lord with JOY every day…no matter where we are! Sing out and make a JOYful noise of praise!

No comments:

Post a Comment