Total Pageviews

Monday, July 7, 2014

Rejoice! (even on those terrible, horrible, no good, very bad days!)



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Some days we need a concentrated serving…is today one of those days?

            It seems that when we feel like expressing joy the least, we truly need it the most!  We all have “those days” when we may not be feeling our best…may I suggest a good remedy? Turn to the book of Psalms and begin to read.  There we find reference after reference to joy and rejoicing and gladness.

          I recall a time recently when I was fighting an old summer cold. I felt pretty wiped out!  As I opened my Bible, almost immediately the verse in Psalm 32:11 caught my attention!

             “Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!”

             I didn’t feel like rejoicing; I’m certainly not always “upright in heart”.  And I definitely wasn’t glad to have that pesky cold; but this verse reminded me of HIS righteousness in me…and in you! We are to rejoice and be glad for no other reason but our relationship with Him. 

            We are not going to always have “good days”.  Some are going to be downright rotten… like in the children’s book by Judy Voirst…..Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day!.  But even on “those days”, our Father is with us, going before us, standing behind us and walking beside us.  Now, that’s the best reason I know to “rejoice in the LORD and be glad!”

            Even when we don’t FEEL joyful and glad, we can still rest in the strength of the Lord and find His joy!

       



No comments:

Post a Comment