Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

A Note of JOY



Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Write someone a note of joy today and see if that joy is not multiplied in your own heart!

            It seems that the art of letter-writing is becoming a thing of the past!  May I urge you not to neglect this privilege.  Not only does it bring joy to the person as he reads it NOW…but in years to come, it may be a priceless treasure! 
        
          That’s what recently happened to me.  I was going through some of my dad’s keepsakes and  discovered priceless gems in the form of my daddy’s handwriting: notes of things he deemed important; quotes that he’d found along life’s path; and then there were the personal letters.  One such letter, he had written especially for his children years earlier…(July 30, 1991). 

              On the pages of that letter were his thoughts, penned from a heart of love, reemphasizing lessons he had taught us by his example…one being GRATITUDE.  Here is an excerpt from this special letter:  I am so grateful for the many things God has blessed me with, much that I have not earned or deserved.  I am grateful for a loving wife and children; You have brought me so much pride and joy…and those grandchildren have given me a new zest for living; I am grateful for good health, good friends and freedom……”

            This brief portion of his letter demonstrates that GRATITUDE was a big part of his heart.  Psalm 136:1 could have been his life verse: 
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever.” 

           Let's thank the Lord for all fathers who take the time to teach their children about being grateful for God’s blessings.  That’s a sure way to serve the JOY JUICE of Jesus!


No comments:

Post a Comment