Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 8, 2014

May Our Hearts Leap for Joy



           Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Please drink in your special serving so that you can “leap” through the day with JOY.

            Psalm 28:6-7 is such a source of encouragement…especially when we’re down or discouraged.  Drink in these uplifting words as I read them to you:  “Praise be to the LORD, for he has heard my cry for mercy.  The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.  My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.”

            When we are surrounded by problems and feel overwhelmed with what’s going on in our lives, we should follow David’s example in this Psalm. Let’s study it a little more closely to find spiritual truths that will enlighten us and lift us up. In these two verses alone, we find 5 good lessons from David:

1.      Praise the LORD….no matter what our circumstances.
2.      Trust that He, indeed, hears our prayers.
3.      When we are weak, we can depend on HIS strength to carry us through.
4.      Like a shield, He protects us from evil.
5.      We can trust Him whole-heartedly and know that HE will help us.

       When we praise Him, trust Him, and rest in the shelter of His protective arms, our hearts will be leaping with JOY in the Lord and we will be singing thanks to Him.

       Open the Psalms and find your special serving of JOY JUICE today. We should be leaping for joy that He hears our every prayer.




No comments:

Post a Comment