Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

The JOY of JESUS is Always Fresh!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  You never have to worry about getting a spoiled batch! The JOY of JESUS is always fresh.

            All of us have gone to the refrigerator at one time or another and found that we’ve left something in there a little too long.  Perhaps the smell gets our attention or the discoloration of the food.  If we were to eat the spoiled food or drink the sour milk, we definitely would NOT enjoy the taste.  We’d pour it out as quickly as possible.  Throw it away!  Get rid of it!

             Well, I’d like to challenge you today…and myself too…to get rid of negative words in our vocabulary.  Ephesians 4:31 tells us to “Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice.” So often we allow situations to aggravate us, anger us to the point that we use unkind words.  We lash out at others.  That’s one form of negative communication.

            There are also negative words that we may not realize greatly affect our attitude.  We need to eliminate these kinds of words…just like when we are cleaning out the refrigerator…throw them away, pour them out, get rid of them.  Words such as:
  • I can’t
  • If only
  • I don’t think
  • I don’t have time
  • I’m afraid

John Maxwell suggests that we replace these negatives words with words like:
·        I can
·        I will
·        I know
·        I will make the time
·        I’m confident that with God’s help…

 Say it with me: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 (Doesn’t that bring fresh JOY to your heart?)

No comments:

Post a Comment