Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

DIVERSITY...A Gift of JOY



           Have you had your JOY JUICE today? It’s for everyone…no matter who they are or stage of life! EVERYONE should “Taste and see that the LORD is good!” (Psalm 34:8)

            It’s not hard to be nice to nice people!  It’s a joy to be around those who think like we do and enjoy the same kinds of things. BUT what about those who are different? Is it as easy to love those who adopt different beliefs or disagree about certain issues?  What about that person who is continually rubbing you the wrong way?

            We must remember that God has created each person. Our diversity is a gift from Him….and though we may not have a lot in common with some people, if we will allow God to control our heart, we can be bound together by His love.

            Judson Edwards wrote a “tongue in cheek” kind of poem that truly emphasizes the need for diversity:

“If everyone was just like me…
   The world would sure be a better place to be.
          There would be no murder, for I’m not violent.
           No stealing, for I’m not a thief.
            No atheism, for I believe in God.
           No ignorance, for I’ve been to school.
If only the world was more like me…
      Surely it would be a better place to be.

OR WOULD IT?
   For if everyone was just like me…
         There would be no merry-go-rounds, for I get dizzy.
          No doctors, for I hate blood.
        No painters, for I’m color blind.
       No balloon riders, for I’m afraid of heights.

Come to think of it,
        If the world was just like me
       It would be an awfully boring place to be!”

                Offer the JOY of the LORD to one and all…and thank the Lord for diversity!


No comments:

Post a Comment