Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"Have Mercy On Me, O Lord.....and Bring JOY!"



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  You forgot?  Well, I forgive you!!

            It doesn’t take long, when reading the book of Psalms, to see that it contains many intense prayers asking God for forgiveness.  One such prayer is found in the 86th Chapter: “Have mercy on me, O Lord, for I call to you all day long.  Bring joy to your servant, for to you, O Lord, I lift up my soul.  You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you.”

            Each one of us has done things for which we need forgiveness…don’t you agree?  We have made poor choices that have hurt others; we have broken God’s commandments; we have been disobedient.  Without God’s forgiveness, our lives will be miserable….the opposite of JOYful!

            I was setting up tables for a family reunion not long ago and I noticed that some of the tables had marks and stains on them.  But I had a plan! I put bright, colorful table cloths on them and covered them up.  During the event, not one person noticed the ugly, marred tables because all they could see were the pretty tablecloths!  Did you know that GOD promises to cover our sins? If we repent and ask his forgiveness, His cover will make us look beautiful. 

As Psalm 103:12 tells us, "as far as the east is from the west, so far does he remove our transgressions from us."   God’s great love, mercy and grace will fill us with His JOY!

Ask God for the forgiveness you need today and enjoy a delicious serving of JOY JUICE that will refresh you and make you like a new creation!


No comments:

Post a Comment