Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

JOYfully Listen for God's Voice


Have you had your JOY JUICE today? Can you hear me?  I asked if you’ve had your JOY JUICE?

            Any of you ever accused your spouse or family member of having “selective hearing”?  Truth is…we all have that condition at times, don’t we?  We choose to hear some things while  ignoring others.  Parents, ever have had to tell your children to do something several times only to have them say, “I didn’t hear you.”

            Years ago, when my children were young, they rode their bikes over to a neighbor’s house one day without asking my permission.  When I missed them, I began to call for them---frantically.  After the fourth yell, I saw them zooming through the alley on their bicycles…as fast as their little legs would carry them. 
 As they screeched to a stop in front of me, KNOWING they were in trouble for leaving the yard without permission, one of my precious children confessed, “Here we are Mommy!  We didn’t hear you calling the first three times!”

I DIDN'T HEAR YOU!
 
            How many of us respond to God that way?  He prompts us repeatedly to do something and we act like we didn’t hear Him the first few times. God is patient and kind, but He wants us to listen to His voice as He leads, guides and directs us.  We are NOT puppets.  We must choose to listen and obey.  In Psalm 32:8 God says:

"I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you."

            There it is….He said he’d instruct us in the way we should go!  So, the question is…ARE WE LISTENING?

             Choose to listen to God and get ready for abundant JOY in Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment