Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Birthday JOY!!!!!!!!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  As I was drinking mine this morning, I’m pretty sure I heard God whisper, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

            Yes, today is my birthday! And though I won’t tell you how old I am, I will say that my year has been filled with lots of joy--- with a few struggles sprinkled in to make me stay dependent God.  If everything always worked smoothly and we never had any problems, we may begin to feel “self-sufficient” and think we don’t need God. 

            Even on “happy days” when we’re celebrating birthdays or weddings or simply being together with family, we should continually listen for God’s voice.  He may prompt our hearts to lend someone a helping hand.  His “still small voice” may be redirecting our path so as to protect us from something unforeseen.   Our thoughts may be filled with His words of wisdom that He wants to speak through us to someone who needs a special word.

 WOOOHOOOOO!
            Are you listening so that you can be his instrument?  We never know when we’ll celebrate our last birthday! Let’s be sure that we’re taking advantage of every second of every day!

            Psalm 90:12 says: “Teach us to number our days aright, that we may gain a heart of wisdom.”  That’s my birthday wish!  That each of you would pray that verse for me…and I’d love to make it my birthday gift to you.  Let’s pray for each other that  God will teach us to number our days and give us hearts of wisdom…and JOY!.

           Let's serve up some party-flavored JOY JUICE as we celebrate each day with JOY.

No comments:

Post a Comment