Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 18, 2011

FRET NOT.....Choose JOY!


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  If not, don’t fret about it!  Just drink it now!

            When I was a young teacher, I recall feeling overwhelmed during pre-planning time! There were bulletin boards to prepare, forms to complete and meetings to attend.  I wanted my classroom to be cheerful and inviting for my new students, but I didn’t know how I was going to get everything done in time. 

I was venting to a “seasoned” teacher about ALL I had to do to get ready for my class.  I’ll never forget her words of wisdom.  After listening to me chatter and complain, she calmly said two words…with a smile:      
                                     “FRET NOT”. 
            I knew that those words were somewhere in the Bible, but I didn’t have a clue where! Her eyes sparkled and she calmly added: “The Lord has everything under control.”  A peace washed over me and I knew that this wise lady was exactly right!  God did have everything under control. There was truly no reason to fret! I needed an attitude adjustment!

            Isn’t that what we often do when we get overwhelmed with our busy schedules?    Let’s remember those two simple words “FRET NOT”; take a deep breathe and put the situation in God’s hands.  This also is true when our attitude goes south regarding other people! 

            In Psalm 37:1 the Lord tells us to: “Fret not thyself…” And in Philippians 4:6 Paul exhorts us to “Be anxious for nothing.”

            Let's remind and encourage one another to FRET NOT....and let the JOY of the Lord be our strength.


2 comments:

  1. Amen!!!! God is good! He can handle every situation in our life if we let Him!!! Thanks for reminding me with from God's word!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete