Total Pageviews

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

JOYful Sisters Everywhere!

On Wednesdays I usually post a "JOY JUICE" devotional...but if you will forgive me, I want to wait until tomorrow to do that!  I'm about to POP to tell you about my sweet JOYful adventure last night with some new friends.
I was invited to Morningside Baptist Church in Ashburn, GA to speak at the "kick-off" for their Ladies' Ministry for the new year!  When I arrived---though I had never met one of these precious women---I was welcomed as a "long lost sister".  The social hall was beautifully decorated with fall colors and in the center of the food table was a GORGEOUS three-tiered cake decorated to match my JOY JUICE book!  On the cake was written "Welcome, Joyce" and a replica of the book sat delightfully on top!  It just took my breath away! They even had a beautiful table set aside for my books, complete with a framed poster of JOY JUICE ....and many of the gals graciously wanted a signed copy!  Oh, what a joy that was to me!
The food was scrumptious, the tables were set elegantly, and everything was so inviting....BUT the best thing of all was that GOD WAS THE SPECIAL GUEST!!!  He showed up in a very real way....even down to "choosing" the right song for my new sister, Dorothy, to sing which fit perfectly with the message!  She and I had not discussed anything beforehand....but God had prepared our hearts.  The Morningside Baptist ladies (and two wonderful gentlemen) were so attentive and receptive to God's "word" for each of us.  It was a JOYful time in which we truly experienced the JOY OF THE LORD!
The more opportunities I have to speak in different churches and settings, one thing becomes more and more evident.  No matter where you go, no matter who you meet....if you share the love for the Lord, there is a common bond.  I didn't know these "Ashburn sistas" before last night, but NOW I'll hold each one dear to my heart!  Because we've got the JOY, JOY, JOY, JOY down in our hearts....down in our hearts tooooo staaay! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment