Total Pageviews

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

GPS for JOY

One of the "friendly disagreements" my husband and I have is over getting a GPS device!  I am directionally challenged and I NEED all the help I can get! My husband, on the other hand, has a great sense of direction and he likes the challenge of finding his destination! 

As I began to write this post, I was awaiting a delivery....a new sofa!!!  Yippee!  We've had the same one for years and years and years!  So as a combined birthday/anniversary gift to each other, we decided to get a new one.  Today as I received the phone call that the delivery truck was on it's way, I asked "Do you need directions?"  The response was, "No, we have a GPS."   The estimated time of arrival was within 20 minutes from the phone call.

WELL....and hour and half later, as well as about five phone calls, the truck finally arrived.  The GPS had not done its job due to there being two roads by the same name in neighboring counties.  The driver was directed to the wrong street address and ended up miles away from our house.

How often do people think they are headed in the right direction because someone has advised them it's the right way?  The ONLY ONE WHO truly knows "the way" is Christ. "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the father except through me." John 14:6 
                                         
Sooooo, I guess what I've learned from this comedy of errors today is that the only way to make certain we are "on the right path" is to plug in to the GPS for JOY....and that's JESUS!

                      Jesus = GPS = God's Plan of Salvation
                                                   

1 comment:

  1. My GPS has been known to tell me to take a right turn....and if I had I would have been at the bottom of a river or in the middle of some woods!!!!

    ReplyDelete