Total Pageviews

Monday, September 6, 2010

JOYful Labor

Happy Labor Day!  I haven't posted since Thursday because I have been "JOYfully laboring"!  Our son, Eric, coordinated a retreat for a group of young people from First Presbyterian Church of Macon, GA---and they came to the big city of Wray!  Not only did I have the privilege of joyfully serving them by cooking a few meals, but I also had the blessing of simply listening to Godly conversations and observing them as they made plans for the year to come.  My heart filled with joy just watching these young people as they sought God's guidance in how to reach others for Him.

So often all we hear about are the bad stories of kids gone wrong.  When you watch the news, you are bombarded with the latest reports of gang shootings, robberies, and drug crimes, etc.  How refreshing to be around young people who are sold out to spreading the "JOY JUICE" of Jesus!  And what's so encouraging is that there are MANY, MANY more genuine Christian young people throughout our world who love the Lord with all their heart, soul and mind!  There is HOPE.....and that hope is in Jesus!  He is touching young hearts for Him and HE is STILL in control! Doesn't that fill your heart with JOY????? Let's thank the Lord for the young people in our world who have given their hearts to God and are serving Him in every area of their lives.

I could go on and on....but I've got to go "joyfully labor" some more.  My house shows evidence of a JOYful crew who dropped a few crumbs and dirtied a couple of towels! :)  I'm not complaining AT ALL!!!!  I'm soooooooooooooooooooo thankful for such a blessed opportunity to serve the Lord by serving these wonderful "fellows"! As I clean today, you'll hear me humming, "There is JOY in the Lord......."

For pictures go to my facebook page!!!!  (OH!!! How could I forget??? Three precious grandchildren were here, too.....so that made the time together EXTRA JOYFUL!!!!!!)
    

No comments:

Post a Comment