Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2016

Press On Toward the Goal of Joy




                Have you had your Joy Juice today?   Set a goal to find as much joy in this day as possible….starting with your relationship with Jesus! 

                Regardless of how young or old we are, setting goals is important for success.  We like to experience success in all areas of our lives, but today let’s focus on spiritual success.  Charles Stanley wrote a book entitled, Success God’s Way.  The subtitle brings a smile to my face and joy to my heart: Achieving True Contentment and Purpose.  Isn’t that what this life is all about?  Being content and finding God’s purpose for us here on earth?  In order to do that, we must be in the center of His will, setting goals to reach that plan God has for us.

                One of the best examples of a goal-setter in the Bible is the apostle Paul. Look at the passage in Philippians 3 that brings his goal clearly into focus: 

But whatever were gains to me I now consider loss for the sake of Christ. What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord… 

And then in verses 13-14 he spells it out: “Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

            May we each “press on toward the goal” and find JOY in the Lord by achieving true contentment with Jesus Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment