Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2016

Morning Prayer of Trust (and Joy)




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Every morning we should start fresh with prayer and joy by spending time with God.

            David’s “Morning Prayer of Trust in God” found in Psalm 3 is a familiar prayer….it has even been set to music. The heart of David’s prayer was a cry for help because he found himself in a dangerous situation, fleeing for his life. He prayed:

1 
LORD, how are they increased that trouble me!
        
Many are they that rise up against me.
2 
Many there be which say of my soul,
        
There is no help for him in God.
3 
But thou, O LORD, art a shield for me;
        
my glory, and the lifter up of mine head.
4 
I cried unto the LORD with my voice,
        
and he heard me out of his holy hill.
5 
I laid me down and slept;
        
I awaked; for the LORD sustained me.

  
 

Each of us will face times of uncertainly. We may truly think the odds are stacked 
against us.  Maybe we fear the results of a biopsy;  we may lose a dear loved one and wonder how we will survive without them.  It could be that we’ve lost a job and we can’t pay our bills. Whatever the trial, we can face the day with our own “Prayer of Trust in God”….as David modeled before us. When we put our complete trust in Him, we will experience peace and joy that is truly inexpressible.

                    Face each day with renewed faith, unwavering trust and indescribable joy….knowing that God WILL sustain you!






No comments:

Post a Comment