Total Pageviews

Monday, May 16, 2016

Joyful In Weakness




                Have you had your Joy Juice today?  We may sometimes feel weak, but let’s not forget that “the joy of the Lord is our strength” and it is always available.   

                Long ago, I heard someone state this truth: “In our weakness, HE is strong.”  At that time,  I wasn’t really sure who said it, but those words penetrated my heart and I’ve never forgotten them.  NOW, I know why they were so powerful and life-changing!  This truth is straight from the Bible!

In 2 Corinthians 12:8-10, Paul tells us that God says: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Then Paul goes on to say: “Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.” 

                Though the terminology is not exactly the same, Paul’s message truly is “In my weakness, HE is strong”.  God works in us & through us to show His power and strength. We should be encouraged in our weakness, knowing that God’s power is limitless.  Our human limitations should make us all the more dependent on God. We don’t have to rely on our own abilities, efforts, energy,  stamina.  By admitting our weaknesses, we affirm God’s strength and allow our Christian character to grow and develop. 

                   Be joyful in your weakness and allow God to be your strength.

               




No comments:

Post a Comment