Total Pageviews

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

A Joyful New Heart



Have you had your Joy Juice today?  God can give you a joyful heart filled with a passion for Him.

When we speak of passion, often our thoughts go to a “worldly” definition.  But the kind of passion I’m referring to here is the fervency to pray to be filled with the unwavering faith in God, the hope found in relationship with Him and the joy of confidence in Christ. 

Ezekiel 36:26 is a beautiful passage.  God promises: “I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit within you; I will remove your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.” 
God promises to:


  • ·         Give you a new heart

  • ·         Give you a new spirit

  • ·         Remove the hard heart (heart of stone)

  • ·        Give you a heart that’s alive and tender! 


        Does your heart need tenderizing?  Does it ‘beat’ for the Lord or does it harbor hurt, grudges and bitterness?  We may say we want to change, but that’s not going to happen until we let God GIVE us the new heart and spirit that can come only from Him.  We have to ask Him into our heart so that He can do His work.  Are you willing to let him in?

      As a little girl, I remember singing in Sunday School the sweet song: “Into my heart; into my heart, come into my heart, Lord Jesus. Come in today; come in to stay. Come into my heart, Lord Jesus.” 

      Only by opening our heart to Jesus will we have a tender heart that beats with passion and joy. Invite Him into your heart today!


No comments:

Post a Comment