Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 5, 2014

The JOY of Faith in God



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It doesn’t always make sense to drink it…but drink it anyway!

            I ran across an inspiring blog by Angela Mackey called “Rethinking My Thinking”. She expressed what many of us may feel about when God doesn’t make sense.   She writes:

“My human mind prefers neat bows and clean tidy understanding. Yet God doesn’t work that way. He allows pain, suffering, mental illness, infertility, evil in this world. He allows it. I can’t make sense of it and I wonder how now shall I live? I don’t know. It doesn’t make sense and I sit and puzzle and puzzle until as Dr. Seuss puts it “my puzzler is sore.” I never will understand because catch this…I am not God and God is much bigger than the tidy box I put Him in.”

            Do you ever question why God allows certain things to happen?  OR why He has NOT given you or someone you love the desire of your/their heart?  It all boils down to the truth that He is so much wiser than we are…and though we do not always understand the way He works, we can trust Him. One of the passages that I recall often when I don’t understand is in Isaiah 55:8-9:

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My ways,”
declares the LORD.
“As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are My ways higher than your ways
and My thoughts than your thoughts.”

           The JOY of faith in God is that we don’t have to know all the answers…because OUR GOD DOES!

No comments:

Post a Comment