Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Demonstrate God's Love and Joy...Regardless!




            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It will help you to feel loved and refreshed!

            You DO know that God loves you, don’t you?  We say we believe it…but do we truly live in His love every day, drawing strength from that truth? 

            Oswald Chambers writes (in My Utmost for His Highest):  “The knowledge that God has loved me beyond all limits will compel me to go into the world to love others in the same way.  I may get irritated because I have to live with an unusually difficult person.  But just think how disagreeable I have been with God!”

            That’s pretty honest, isn’t it?  Will you admit that you are sometimes disagreeable with God?  Like when He prompts our hearts to do something that we think does NOT make sense.  Often we find ourselves arguing, bargaining or being completely disobedient!  When we live in His love, we trust Him…even when do not understand why He has allowed a circumstance into our lives. 

If we continually question God, asking Him “why?”---we can get stuck in a cycle of frustration, anger, and anxiety.  Instead, let’s look to David for a great example of trust and faith. In Psalm 16:8 he said, "I have set the Lord continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (NASB) David focused on God  FIRST and then the situation. The result?  Complete security and peace. 

 Instead of asking “Why?” let’s ask, “How can we demonstrate God’s love and joy regardless of what’s going on around us?”

No comments:

Post a Comment