Total Pageviews

Monday, June 2, 2014

Changepoints Can Lead To Joy



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  When you don’t know what else to do….it’s always right to drink in the JOY of the Lord!

            Looking back over my life, I can see distinct change-points where God got my attention and redirected my path; sometimes it was ever so slightly and other times, a great big U-turn was necessary!  At times He spoke by giving me a “restless spirit” and I didn’t understand what He was trying to do in my life.  Other times, I heard Him clearly, yet because of my human nature I wanted to argue a little.  “But God, that doesn’t make sense!  Surely I have misinterpreted what You have said.  You wouldn’t ask me to do that?!  Would You?”

            Yes, God does sometimes ask us to do things that don’t make sense to us or to others around us. Why does God choose to lead us into uncharted territory?  Could it be that He is testing our commitment to see if we will be obedient…even when we don’t understand?  Or might it be that He is protecting us from unforeseen heartache if we keep on the same path?  Maybe the change is to pour out unexpected blessings into our life.  No matter the “why”, we can depend on the love of God and that He is always looking out for our best interests. Through the years and many changes, I’ve learned a lot; and I’m still learning! When I don’t understand, I recall the scripture in Proverbs 3:5:

 “Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.”

             If you are at a change-point, the best thing to do is to trust in God and joyfully follow Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment