Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

What's in Your Heart? The JOY of JESUS???



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Each container looks different, but every one has a delicious JOYful taste!

            Children are pretty good judges of character.  They can tell whether someone truly likes to be with them or not.  As I have worked with children through the years, I’ve seen a lesson modeled by them that I wish more adults would learn:   

            IT DOESN’T MATTER WHAT YOU LOOK LIKE ON THE OUTSIDE. 
IT’S WHAT’S ON THE INSIDE THAT COUNTS.

When our grandchildren come for a visit, I don’t have time to primp too much!  And do you know what I’ve discovered?  They don’t care if my hair is combed or not!  They certainly don’t care if I have on make up or if  I’m wearing my old comfy blue jeans that are faded and NOT flattering a bit!  All they care about is Gigi spending time with them, playing, holding them when they need a hug, and sharing lots of love and laughter! 

So often we get caught up in our outward appearance and forget that it’s what’s inside that truly counts.  1 Samuel 16:7 reminds us: “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart."

What’s in your heart? An obsession with your appearance? Your social status? Love for material possessions?   Or do you delight in the Lord?  If so, you’ll be spending time with Him on a consistent basis…regardless of whether you’ve combed your hair or what you’re wearing! All He wants from you is a heart sold out to Him…one of love & JOY. 

            Let’s all be aware that God looks at the heart! May we each show Him a heart filled with love and JOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment