Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

JOY in Grief???



          Have you had your Joy Juice today?   It helps to heal a hurting heart!

             My first experiences with death were when I lost my grandparents.  I loved them and was brokenhearted when each of them died; but I was blessed to have loving parents who were there to fill that void for me, answering my questions and cradling me in their arms.  At that tender age, I thought I’d always have my parents to shelter me from hurts and soothe my aching heart.

            But then came the day, as an adult, when I had to say goodbye to my own precious daddy.  Oh, what a painful time! But God was faithful. Even through the tears, my family and I experienced such peace…and JOY.  Yes, JOY….in knowing that Daddy was truly “at home” with His Savior.  JOY in knowing that he was no longer sick; JOY in knowing that we will see him again one day.  That’s the kind of JOY you experience when you have a personal relationship with the Lord.

            So today, I feel compelled to ask YOU…..do you have a personal relationship with God?  If not, please ask Him into your heart right now!  Don’t put it off!  It’s that JOY found in Him that fills you with strength during the difficult times.

            Joy…even amist the tears.  Psalm 30:5 encourages us by saying:  weeping may remain for a night, but rejoicing comes in the morning.”

            I empathize with those of you who are grieving.  Let’s remind each other that we can always drink the Joy Juice of Jesus...when we have a personal relationship with Christ.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment