Total Pageviews

Friday, April 13, 2012

Standing on the Promises of JOY


Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  When we drink it faithfully, it helps us to trust in God’s promises….JOYfully!

            God’s Word…the Holy Bible…is powerful and life-changing.  If we will study it and apply the truths to our lives, we will find strength, peace and abundant joy in our relationship with Him.

            2 Timothy 3:16 tells us the all Scriptures in the Bible are inspired by God.  With this promise we should accept every word as truth that we can “stand on”, regardless of what life brings our way.   As I often do, I recall the lyrics of a hymn I used to sing as a young girl growing up in church.  Though I didn’t realize the truth I was singing, I am so thankful that those words are hidden in my heart even today.  For with each day, I understand them more clearly. 

Standing on the promises I cannot fall,
Listening every moment to the Spirit’s call
Resting in my Savior as my all in all,
Standing on the promises of God.

Are you standing on the promises of God today? Is God your all in all as the song says? He wants to be!  The decision is yours.

2 Peter 1:4 tells us: “And because of his glory and excellence, he has given us great and precious promises. These are the promises that enable you to share his divine nature and escape the world’s corruption caused by human desires.”

            Each of us can have a “double portion” of joy in the Lord when we stand on the promises of God!



No comments:

Post a Comment