Total Pageviews

Friday, April 6, 2012

Sing an EASTER Song of JOY!

            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It’s time for your Easter serving…which should cause your heart to sing!

            Easter is such a time of celebration! A time to express our heart’s deepest gratitude for what God did for us in the form of His Son Jesus.  This week we’ve been talking about singing praises to God.  And what a better time is there than now!  Christ died for you and me….but He didn’t stay in the grave!  He arose!!! And that is reason to celebrate and lift our voices and hearts in song!

            Psalm 18:49 tells us: “Therefore I will praise you among the nations, O LORD; I will sing praises to your name.”

            The wonderful thing about singing praises to God is that it lifts us up and draws us closer to Him.  Let’s praise the Lord for His sacrificial love for us. Let’s tell others about Him every chance we get.

            Since I’ve shared lyrics with you every day this week, I’d like to end the week with a beautiful song written by Rick Founds.  These words are the gospel in a nutshell!

Lord, I lift Your name on high.
Lord, I love to sing Your praises.
I’m so glad You’re in my life,
I’m so glad You came to save us.

You came from heaven to earth to show the way.
From the earth to the cross, my debt to pay.
From the cross to the grave,
From the grave to the sky
Lord, I lift Your name on high.

            Praise the Lord by lifting His name on high!  Won’t you join me as we sing our Easter song of  JOY?

No comments:

Post a Comment