Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 5, 2012

"Rejoice in the Lord and Be Glad"...It's a CHOICE!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  A generous daily serving helps to ward off discouragement!

            If you are feeling downcast and depressed, open your Bible to the book of Psalms and begin to read.  The psalms are filled with encouragement and exhortations to rejoice and praise God!   I know; sometimes we just don’t FEEL like praising God…especially in the midst of pain and loss.  As one writer put it:
“Doubt, fear, and defeat become enemies of joy, bringing with them an almost suffocating cloud of depression.”

            So what do we do when we feel that dark cloud following us?  We CHOOSE joy!  As Psalm 32: 11 says: Rejoice in the LORD and be glad, you righteous; sing, all you who are upright in heart!”

When we CHOOSE to rejoice and sing praises to the Lord, our focus turns from ourselves and our circumstances to His goodness and faithfulness. Do you recognize the words to this beautiful praise song (by Darlene Zschech)?

My Jesus, my Savior, Lord there is none like You.
All of my days, I want to praise the wonders of Your mighty love.
My comfort, my shelter, tower of refuge and strength,
Let every breath, all that I am, never cease to worship You.

I sing for joy at the work of Your hands.
Forever I’ll love You, forever I’ll stand.
Nothing compares to the promise I have in You.

            CHOOSE to rejoice and be glad! And allow that song of JOY to burst forth from your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment