Total Pageviews

Monday, April 2, 2012

I Just Feel Like JOY is About to Happen!


          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It’ll put a song in your heart!

          As I was working around my house one morning not so long ago, I found myself humming the tune of an old Gaither song.  If you’re “mature” like I am, you may remember it:  “I Just Feel Like Something Good is About to Happen”.  It’s toe tapping, hand clapping, joyfully contagious!  Though I couldn’t remember all the lyrics, the tune stayed with me all morning, until I found myself at the computer googling the words.  And oh, am I ever glad I did! 

            Read the joyful words of the first two verses:
I just feel like something good is about to happen,
I just feel like something good is on its way;
He has promised that He'd open all of Heaven,
And brother, it could happen any day.

When God's people humble themselves to call on Jesus,
And they look to heaven, expecting as they pray;
I just feel like something good is about to happen,
And brother, it could be this very day.

Some people may argue that this kind of thinking is a “pie in the sky”, put on your "rose-colored glasses" kind of thinking.  But I think it’s scriptural! 1 Thess. 5:16-18 tells us to:  "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."
When we can do that, then we’ll have that JOY in our heart and will be bursting forth in song!

One day Jesus is coming back!!!  Now that is the ultimate “something good” that is certainly going to happen.  Be JOYfully ready to meet Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment