Total Pageviews

Friday, February 9, 2018

The "Secret" to Finding True Joy



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  It’s my favorite because it fills me with strength to share the JOY of the Lord!

            We’ve talked this week about the strength that comes from God.  We’ve looked at several scripture passages from Isaiah and Psalms but I’ve saved one of my favorite verses for today!  I love the book of Philippians because it’s the book of JOY.  Paul’s letter to the Christians at Philippi is such a model for us. He had every reason to  be discouraged and depressed.  He was in prison!  Yet this letter is overflowing with joyful encouragement. 

            Instead of feeling sorry for himself, he trusted in the LORD to give him everything he needed.  Listen to his words in the fourth chapter, verses 12-13.

“I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty.  I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether living in plenty or in want.  I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”

            Did you get the “secret”? The secret of being content---no matter what---is a faith in God to take care of our every need.  HE is the source of our strength.

My Bible footnote explains: Paul was content because he could see life from God’s point of view.  He focused on what he was supposed to do, not what he felt he should have.  Paul had his priorities straight; and he was grateful for everything God had given him.  Paul had detached himself from the nonessentials so that he could concentrate on the eternal. 

             Have you learned the secret of being content?  Let’s take a lesson from Paul and rejoice in the Lord ALWAYS!

No comments:

Post a Comment