Total Pageviews

Monday, February 26, 2018

"Rejoice in the Lord Your God"




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  No matter what time of the year, it’s always refreshing!

            Though I’ve read the Bible for a long, it still amazes me that I continue to find “new” things that I don’t remember seeing before!  It’s as if God continues to add bits of truth & wisdom that I need---at just the right time!  Well, you and I both know that the Word of God does not change…but WE DO!  Our needs, our desires, our spiritual maturity, our circumstances….all of those change. When the eyes of our hearts become receptive, we do see new truth that we’ve not “seen” before.

            Not long ago, as I opened God’s Word to the short book of  Joel,  I found a new batch of Joy Juice I’d not tasted before.  Written by the Prophet, Joel, the purpose of the book was to warn Judah of God’s impending judgment because of their sins and to urge them to turn back to God.

            My heart was touched by how our country needs to heed this same message!  Oh, how we need to turn back to God and the principles on which our country was founded.

           Joel said: “Rejoice in the LORD your God, for he has given you the autumn rains in righteousness.  He sends you abundant showers, both autumn and spring rains, as before.”   (Joel 2:23)

            No matter what season of the year, joy can be found because God can and will draw us back to Him, if we humble ourselves before Him and repent of our sins.

             Let us pray for forgiveness and abundant showers of His joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment