Total Pageviews

Monday, February 5, 2018

God's Strength in Us Brings Joy Through Us




            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  It will fill you with strength that’s super natural!

            Have you ever wanted to do something, but felt you just didn’t have the strength!?  When I was much younger, I wanted to learn to water ski, but every time I tried….I absolutely did not have the physical strength to hold on to the ropes.  That, along with not being a very good swimmer, was enough to make me give up!  I was convinced that water skiing was not in God’s plan for my life! 

I would marvel at how my husband seemed to have no trouble holding tight to those ropes and could easily glide across the top of the water, even jumping the wakes.  Could I have learned to do that if I had persevered?  As I reflect back on those memories, I realize that I gave up quickly because I was scared.  And because I gave up, I never learned to enjoy this sport.

            How often do we give up because we are afraid?  We think we’re too weak and unequipped and it’s just easier to give up!  When we throw in the towel, whether it’s physical, emotional or spiritual trials, we are forgetting where our true strength comes from!

In Isaiah 41:10, God reminds us: “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”

            Not sure that this scripture refers to water skiing, but I am sure that God wants us to put our trust in Him and never give up!

            There is peace and joy in knowing that God is always there upholding us with His righteous right hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment