Total Pageviews

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

"Jesus is the Joy of Heaven"



            Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Before you even look at a calendar, you can know that THIS day is the perfect day to drink in the JOY of the Lord!

            Would you be surprised to learn that I have a daily calendar that has quotes and scriptures about JOY?!  It was a gift; and I have so enjoyed flipping through the pages and finding tidbits of joy. On the front of the calendar is printed in large letters “365 Days of JOY”.  I like the title! It reminds us that we can choose JOY every day of the year!

            The quote that I turned to today is by Fredrick W. Faber.  He said, “Jesus is the joy of heaven, and it is His joy to enter into sorrowful hearts.” Does that match up with scripture? Yes, I think so!

You will remember in the Christmas story, the angel appeared to the shepherds and said, “Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.”  Yes, the JOY of heaven had come to earth.

And then in Matthew 11:28, Jesus himself said! “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.”  That was Jesus’ personal invitation to you and me…and to all “sorrowful hearts”, to come to Him and He will take our burdens upon Himself.  What peace and JOY He freely offers to each of us!

No matter what day of the year, let’s remember: “Jesus is the joy of heaven, and it is His joy to enter into sorrowful hearts.”

             

No comments:

Post a Comment