Have you had your Joy Juice today? As you listen to the JOYful Christmas music, experience that sweet joy as your reflect on the goodness of God.
In just three weeks Christmas Day will be here….will you be ready? I’m not talking about having your gifts bought, wrapped and under the tree. I’m not even referring to having your Christmas goodies baked and meals prepared. I know we’ve all got a long list of “things to do” before the big day arrives, but when I ask “Will you be ready?”, I’m referring to your heart!
Will there be a song of JOY springing forth because you have taken the time to focus on Him during this whole month? Here are few suggestions:
- Begin each day with a prayer of thanksgiving to God for the birth of His Son, Jesus.
- Read the Christmas story from the Bible as often as you can. It’s one story that never grows old.
- Listen to and sing Christmas carols telling of Jesus’s birth.
- Share His love with others by doing an unexpected kindness in the name of the Lord.
- Memorize the verse in Philippians 4:4 “Rejoice in the Lord, always; and again I say REJOICE!” This is true especially at Christmas.
If we will be intentional and faithful to do these things, I can just about guarantee that we’ll be singing with joy! “Joy to the World…the Lord has come!”
May we always put Jesus first this Christmas season and sing about the JOY that comes from celebrating His birth!