Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Joy Jewels



             Have you had your Joy Juice today?  Laughter comes easily when you’re filled with the genuine joy of the Lord.

            Do you enjoy being around people who laugh and seem to love life?  Boy, I sure do!  And I choose friends who have the love and joy of the Lord.  We all should surround ourselves with those who joyfully glorify God and who challenge us to be all that God created us to be.  Joyful people are “easy laughers".  They see humor in the little details and embrace opportunities to bask in God’s joy. Laughter is truly a gift, a treasure, a “jewel”, so to speak.

             Over the past year, God has planted a new idea in my heart.  Every morning a “Joy Jewel” comes to my thoughts, I jot it down in my journal and then share through posts on social media.   Recently, I awoke with this one on my heart: “Laughter comes easily when the heart is filled with the joy of Jesus…”

            The scripture verse in Job 8:21 sums up that “jewel” in a beautiful way. The New Living Translation says: "He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.”
           
            Do you feel as if you’ve lost your joy?  Have circumstances discouraged you and filled you with anxiety and doubt?  Ask God to give you His joy*….the genuine joy of the Lord that comes from surrendering your heart and life to Christ. The same promise He gave Job is His promise to you and me: He will once again fill your mouth with laughter and your lips with shouts of joy.”

             Claim His joy as yours.


*John 15:11 NIV “I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”

No comments:

Post a Comment