Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Simple Recipe for Joy



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  The recipe for joy in your life is rather simple; why do we often try to make it complicated?!

            Some things we have control over and some things we don’t.  We don’t know what the day will bring---challenges or blessings!  But one thing’s for sure: if we try to pack more than 24 hours into our day, we are going to be overwhelmed, over-anxious and over-stressed! That’s how Satan works to steal our joy. 

Do you ever find yourself whining and grumbling about how BUSY you are?  . Somebody very close to me reminded me just a few days ago when I was lamenting about my schedule: “Your busyness is self-imposed!  You are the one in control of your schedule.”  Well….after I got finished scratching my “mad place”, I recognized the truth of that statement.  It was up to me to make better choices; and I needed to ask God to help me. 

Maybe we all would benefit by taking some time to make a list of everything we are doing or desire to do.  As we assess that list, we  need to ask the question, “Which of these things are not bearing fruit?”  

Joyce Meyer writes: “Learning how to simplify your life is possibly one of the most important principles to understand because Satan wants to steal your time. He steals your joy by making you too busy to enjoy all God has given you. Take time to laugh. Take time to enjoy your life!”

Simplify and “enjoyify”!

No comments:

Post a Comment