Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Receive His Joy!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Sometimes we allow our joy to be stolen!  Take care to guard it faithfully.

            God has given me a passion and set me on a mission to talk about joy, share His joy and learn more and more about the spiritual aspect of joy.  Does that mean that I’m always “full of joy”?  Oh, how I wish!  But like every other person, I sometimes struggle with “rejoicing always” as we are told to do in Philippians. 

            Through my study and along my journey I have learned that God wants us to experience abundant joy…but our enemy, Satan, is on mission to try to keep that from happening! In John 10:10 Jesus said, “The thief comes only to steal, kill and destroy. I have come that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”
 
            It is easy to fall into the enemy’s trap and live in a constant state of anxiety, turmoil and stress.  But we do NOT have to live that way! We DO have a choice! If we will allow Jesus to take control of our hearts and lives, we will be filled with the Holy Spirit…and fruit of that Spirit is……JOY (along with love, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness and self control) Galatians 5:22

            Some days we may be calm and experience joy on a quiet, personal level.  On other days the joy of the Lord may overwhelm us with such an outpouring that we can’t take it all in…like Babbie Mason’s song says:

God will open - open up the windows of heaven
and pour you out a blessing - and you will not have the room;

not because of you - but because He's good,

you will not have the room to receive it.

            RECEIVE HIS ABUNDANT JOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment