Total Pageviews

Monday, November 3, 2014

Don't Stray Away From God's Joyful Plan



            Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Be careful not to lose your joy!  

            A few weeks ago, our grandchildren asked us to dog-sit.  As good, obedient grandparents, we said “Of course!”   We got instructions on how to feed her, what meds she needed…all the basic info.  It was like having a new child of our own. :)

            At first we kept Georgia (the doggie's name) on a leash so that she would not run away.  But as time went on, she began to prove herself faithful and we totally trusted her to stay in our big yard without any restraints. (That’s the beauty of living on a farm.) Several days into our dog-sitting, I came home from an appointment and she was missing! I called her by name and whistled, walked all around our property; but I could see no sign of our precious granddog!  My mind began racing…What if she’d gotten into the road & was hit by a car?  Had she wandered off & couldn’t find her way home?  What if someone picked her up and took her home with them?   AND the biggest question of all: WHAT WOULD BE TELL THE GRANDKIDS?

             Very discouraged, I went inside and noticed I had a voice message on my phone.  I am happy to say it was GREAT NEWS! Georgia had gone visiting and was at my mom’s house, safe and sound! (What a joyful relief!)   

            This little experience made me think about how God must feel when we “go missing” for a while!  Not that we can ever hide from Him; but we can choose to stray from His plan.  He doesn’t put us on a leash and tell us to “stay”.  He gives us choices.  And sometimes, we go the wrong way. As Isaiah 53:6 says, “All of us, like sheep, have strayed away. We have left God's paths to follow our own.”

            May we remember that God’s plan is one of love and joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment