Total Pageviews

Friday, August 8, 2014

What a Friend We Have in Jesus! WHAT JOY!



            Have you had your JOY JUICE?  Be a good friend and share a serving of Joy Juice with someone today.

            We have talked a lot this week about friendship.  It is my prayer that you are blessed with many good friends and that you, too, are the kind of friend who others can count on to be loyal during times of happiness and times of sorrow & difficulty.

            Jesus is the greatest example of true friendship! The words to the classic hymn “What A Friend We Have In Jesus” remind us that, indeed, we can depend on Him at all times and in all things.

One verse of that hymn says:

Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged—
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful,
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
Take it to the Lord in prayer.

Yes, Jesus is our forever faithful friend! He tells us in John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.”

Jesus has called you FRIEND!  That should be enough to make you jump for joy!




No comments:

Post a Comment