Total Pageviews

Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Mystery of Joy



               Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  It’s squeezed from the juice of the fruit which grows on the True Vine.

The “mystery of joy”…that’s our topic for today:

·        The mystery of how a person can have peace and joy even when he’s going through heartbreak or grief.
·         The mystery of how one can be diagnosed with a terminal illness, yet still shares joy and encouragement with others.
·        The mystery of how a son can forgive the man who murdered his dad.  These are examples of real people who exemplify the mystery of joy found in relationship with Christ.

            Jesus taught about this special kind of joy in John 15: 9-11:  
 “As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Now remain in my love.  If you keep my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commands and remain in his love.  I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete.”

            Jesus used the analogy of The Vine and the branches.  He is the True Living Vine….and when we choose to abide in Him, as branches of the Vine, His joy will run through us…because we are connected to Him.   

            The mystery of His joy is revealed to us when we come to personally know Christ.  His joy is the joy of love, of being loved and of loving. It is the joy of receiving His Father's love and abiding in it, and the joy of passing on that love to others.

            I am encouraging one and all to accept His love and share His joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment