Total Pageviews

Monday, August 25, 2014

Happy (JOYFUL) Birthday to ME! :)



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Pour out the old and drink in the new…the joy of the Lord gets sweeter through the years!

            Today is my birthday!  Yes, I am joyfully celebrating another year and I’m expecting lots of opportunities to share the JOY of the Lord in the days to come.  Notice I’m not telling exactly HOW OLD I am, but it’s great to be a grandmother. I love trying to somewhat keep up with my grandjoys. 

            That’s not to say that things haven’t changed since I was in my twenties or thirties or……well you get the gist!  And though my body doesn’t always want to cooperate with my brain, there are certain things that are better than when I was younger. For example:

  • A sweeter and simpler relationship with Jesus.  I’ve come to realize that there is nothing I can do to make Him love me any more or any less.  His love is everlasting and unconditional.  I can simply “rest” in it.
  • It is a blessing at this age to realize that I don’t have to be perfect.  Not that I ever thought I really COULD be, but I sure did try.  I thought I had to be super mom, super wife, super teacher, super friend, superwoman….. be everything to everyone.  Whew! I get tired just thinking about those days.  At this stage of life, I know that God loves me just the way I am and I don’t have to prove anything. Again, I can rest in Him.
  • Another thing I’ve learned by growing older is that we truly do NOT need to fret about our future.  If we believe in God’s promises, we can “rest” in the truth that He knows the plans He has for us (Jeremiah 29:11),  He will never leave us (Deut. 31:6), and He wants to give us His joy (John 15:11)!

Happy Birthday to me…I think I’ll continue my “thankful list” and joyfully celebrate this special day!

No comments:

Post a Comment