Total Pageviews

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Diamonds of Joy!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  Focus on the beauty instead of the negative along your way and get ready to experience more joy.

            Don’t you love to find little “treasures” as you go through old boxes?  Maybe you are much more organized than I am, but I confess I have these “treasures” stashed all over the place….and most I forgot I even had! One such “find” last week was a great analogy regarding a good marriage.  I am not sure where I had copied it, but it was important enough for me to hand-write and stick in a folder to be used later.  I guess “now” is “later”.  Soooo I will share with you!  J
  
             “In South Africa, when they dig for diamonds, they move tons of earth to find a pebble no as large as a little fingernail.  The miners are focused on the diamonds, not the dirt!  They have to move a lot of dirt to find one diamond.

             In marriage, it is far too easy to shift our focus from the diamonds to the dirt.  Yet Jesus always focused on the diamonds.  He sees our intrinsic value and worth even when we’re mucking around in the dirt.

            Each of us needs to undergo a daily attitude check.  We need to choose to see the unpolished diamonds and not to get distracted by the dirt.”

            This truth can be applied to marriage and all other relationships.  Remember, Jesus sees our potential and He doesn’t give up on us.  Shouldn’t we do the same for others?!

            Hope you find lots of diamonds of joy along your way today!  

No comments:

Post a Comment