Total Pageviews

Friday, March 22, 2013

Help God Share His JOY!



          Have you had your JOY JUICE today?  God made some especially for you… just because you have a special place in His heart!

            Many of you are probably like me and have wonderful memories of grandparents.  My grandmother would let me get in the kitchen with her and make my own “baby biscuits” as she made the real thing.  She’d play with me and let me “help” her with jobs that I’m sure she could have done much more quickly without me. At that time I didn’t understand the depth of her love…even though I loved her with all my heart!  NOW, in this season of life, I TRULY understand and appreciate her patient, unconditional love.

            The reason I can understand it now, is that I am a grandmother myself.  I love for my little bundles of JOY! And I let them help me with little chores around the house.  No, they don’t do things perfectly…!  Sometimes their “help” causes this “Gigi”, as they call me, to have more work cleaning up the mess we’ve made.  But the “mess” doesn’t matter, because I would much rather see their smiles of delight and the pleasure they receive from “helping Gigi”.  Their joy brings ME joy because they have a special place in my heart!

            Don’t you think that’s how it is with God?  He doesn’t really need our help, but He enjoys seeing our JOY as we “help” Him with His work.  We have a special place in God’s heart and He invites us to be a part of His work…because of His love for us. He receives JOY from seeing our JOY as we serve Him. 

          Today I invite you to accept God’s love and enJOY helping Him spread His love & JOY... however and wherever He leads.



No comments:

Post a Comment