Total Pageviews

Monday, March 7, 2011

Don't Limit God's JOY

As I was reading my Bible today, I came across a familiar passage in 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18:
"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."

It's easy to be joyful when things are going our way.  We know we SHOULD pray all the time, about everything.  And when we are getting what we want, it's easier to have a grateful heart.  But what about all those times when things are going the opposite of what we want them to.  And when we feel UNgrateful! 

Maybe we just don't see what God's doing in the midst of the trying times.  Often I think we miss the truth that nothing comes to us that hasn't already passed through His hands and His plans.  Many times I'm sure I have limited God by my unbelief and by my lack of JOY, my lack of prayer, and my ingratitude.

Let's take our eyes off of ourselves and keep them focused on Jesus.  Only then can we "rejoice always", "pray continually" and "give thanks in all circumstance".  After all.....as the scripture says: "THIS IS GOD'S WILL FOR YOU!"  So don't limit God's JOY....for in doing so, you will also limit your own!

No comments:

Post a Comment